Thursday, July 21, 2011

C media 8738 (Speedlink sl-88) in osx 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8

Ok, I know that supposedly we had worked the audio thing kinda sorted out, but I wanted to use my audio PCI card because then I could use it to have 5.1 analog sound to my speakers and not having to buy new ones through motherboard's SPDIF.

First of all I disabled the Azalia audio codec in BIOS.
After many kernel panics and restoring my installation, what I did was to download from shagui this file (originally from here), having to install it both in Extra/Extensions and in System/Library/Extensions and then running Kext Utility 2.3.2 so as to recreate caches...

Now everything is working as it should and I get audio from my sound card. Maybe one day we will be able to hear 5.1 in OSX. I have collected what you will need in the following file (you will redirected to google docs, where in top left you will be able to download the original file through File->Save as Original)

-edit
The same applies for 10.7 (else known as Lion)

No comments:

Post a Comment